Friday, November 14, 2008

All Hallows Eve

The thing about Halloween, for me, is I can't seem to come up with "the" costume. When I was five it was Spidey (Spiderman), later an Indian, and much later myself. See I stopped dressing up. Now I want to participate to the fullest, you know, wigs, outrageous garments that hide the truth about who I really am. Maybe some make-up, but I'm not too sure about that. Definitely some facial hair as in an old west cowboy or gunslinger.

This year I had a couple of options. One, an FBI agent. Two a computer geek. Admittedly, not my finest choices. Any guesses as to which one I went with. If you said FBI agent you are correct. Not a real powerful costume, let me tell you. And as some of these photos show, you can't even see my fake badge. One guy at the trunk or treat looked at me and said, "is that even a costume." After looking around at others outfits, it occurred to me that I need to, for next year, take it a couple steps further and change my entire outlook on what it means to dress up for all hallows eve. Can anyone say the second coming of Spidey? Yeah, baby!
p.s. I realize I look anorexic in the one photo, but really my doctor said I'm at a solid weight for my height. The other baby in the picture was dressed as Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps. And yes, he is wearing eight gold medals. Cool idea. The other couple in the picture? The Daws.

~Joz

5 comments:

Yennigirl said...

Nice post "Dina". I can't wait to see you as Spidey, because to be honest, I am a little disappointed in your "dressing up" capabilities. I want full garb, make-up AND a pink mike next year!! Yeah Babyyyyyyyyyy!

Joz and Dina said...

I don't remember Spidey with a pink mike ;P

seffalopod said...

I actually thought you pulled it off. An anorexic FBI agent is totally relevant for our generation. You also could have gone for an ESPN announcer, with your wit as the tip-off characteristic. Can't wait for the Spidey pics, although there's no way Cora comes close to the green goblin. Maybe she could go as Aunt Mae... is that her name? And Dina, of course, as MJ.
-Lib

Emily said...

loved the enthusiasm for the holiday. I was also feeling the halloween spirit this year...the desire to do something outrageous...if you couldn't tell. Careful...it's just too fun to get carried away! :) you all look great!

Joz and Dina said...

Well, Dina likes red hair. I'm sure she'll go for the red wig next year for MJ. Or maybe we could all be Spidey's: Spider-man, Spider-woman, Spider-baby.
As for the FBI agent. That's what what I like about you Seth, and Emily, you're always trying to find the positive in things. Thanks.